3.11.2010

Cue Hallelujah Chorus

Please, please, please let this be true:
A prominent friend and supporter of James Dobson believes Dobson was pushed aside by the new leadership of Focus on the Family, who want the powerhouse evangelical ministry to project a softer image on issues ranging from abortion to gay marriage to relations with President Obama.

[snip]

[L]ate last month he delivered his last daily Focus radio broadcast, which is reportedly heard by 1.5 million Americans each day. Dobson last year stepped down as chairman of the Colorado Springs-based group's board of directors, after relinquishing his longtime role as president in 2003.

First Maine's penny-ante version of Dobson, and now Dobson himself. Could this really mean what I hope it means? Could evangelicals really be trying to move away from their scorched-earth tactics on social issues?

I have nothing particularly kind to say about spanking enthusiast Dobson, so I will wrap this up before I descend into unseemly gloating. Suffice it to say that I am... pleased.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that spanking enthusiast link would take me to a much different site.

    May be they're seeing Rick Warren and thinking that's something of a model.

    ReplyDelete