3.16.2010

It's funny because it's insulting!

I don't know Lane Kiffin from a hole in the ground. Apparently, he has something to do with the burly men in the tight pants who run into each other a lot, and people don't like him because he left a job coaching one group of tight-pant-wearing concussion-givers to take a better job doing the same thing elsewhere. I don't know, and don't really care.

But, I see (via HuffPo) that apparently Mr. Kiffin's detractors include the editorial staff at Esquire. How can I tell? Because they're calling him a woman!
Vote for the Sexiest Woman Alive!

(1) Natalie Gulbis [vs.] (16) Lane Kiffin

Hilarious!

(For the record, I do think Mr. Kiffin is sexier than Ms. Gulbis [of whom I also know nothing], but somehow I suspect that's not the point.)

Oh, Esquire. You and your casually sexist monkeyshines. I'm sure Mr. Kiffin is terribly embarrassed, and Megan Fox is sweating the competition.

4 comments:

  1. "Apparently, he has something to do with the burly men in the tight pants who run into each other a lot, and people don't like him because he left a job coaching one group of tight-pant-wearing concussion-givers to take a better job doing the same thing elsewhere."

    Why the mockery? It is a form of entertainment and the professionals are well compensated for it. I don't mock Project runway or whatever it is you like by making snide remarks about the people involved in it (for the record I don't watch it but enjoy Football). Or are you going to say you wouldn't be remotely offended about the type of comments that some ignorant people would make about the people involved in Project runway?

    Mock Esquire, absolutely, because that is obnoxious and offensive.

    charo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have it both ways? I love Project Runway, and I want to mock everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. elizabeth, good one, thanks for the laugh.

    charo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I wasn't actually going for snide. I was aiming more for "glib," with a dash of "I don't really grasp the nuances of football." I actually kind of enjoy watching football, even though half the time I have no idea what's going on. Oh, well.

    And, as Elizabeth can attest, half of the fun of Project Runway lies in mocking the horrible things the designers send down the runway, and what the judges like.

    ReplyDelete