11.05.2010

Whamwhamwhamwhamwham

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. I was too busy banging my head against the wall after learning something fun and new about the state where I was born.

Via TPM:
State Rep. Timothy W. Jones (R-Eureka) of the Missouri House of Representatives was unanimously elected by the new Republican caucus to be the next Majority Floor Leader. Why is that newsworthy? Because he was represented by "Birther Queen" Orly Taitz in a federal case alleging that President Barack Obama was secretly an Indonesian named Barry Soetoro and ineligible to be President of the United States.
First of all, I'm saddened that Rep. Jones (R - Kuiper Belt) is too dumb even to get his reactionary claptrap straight. I think we can all agree that President Obama is supposed to be secretly Kenyan, not Indonesian.

My frustration level has finally gotten the better of me with this, so I'm going to reveal something I've refrained from mentioning up until now. When I lived in New York, I met and became friendly with a young woman named Maya Soetoro thanks to a mutual friend. Maya, as it happens, is a really cool lady, and one of the biggest regrets of my life is that I didn't attend her wedding when I was invited because I couldn't afford to fly to Hawaii. If I had attended, I would have met her then-obscure half-brother, Barack Obama.

Now, maybe I'm just biased about the thinly-veiled racism of birther horseshit because I know the President's sister. (It is for this reason, among many others, that I am also deeply skeptical that he is a crypto-Muslim.) Or maybe it's that the birther conspiracy is such obvious horseshit that anyone who publicly ("unapologetic"-ally, per that lunatic Taitz) supports it is flagrantly unqualified for elective office.

And thus, it is with unalloyed pride that I see my home state elevate one such moron to lead its legislature. Strong work, Missouri. Strong work.

Whamwhamwhamwhamwham

1 comment:

  1. > (R - Kuiper Belt)

    This was indeedy the most entertaining note I've read on the Internet in the last week. And things are currently zawzome over at the League, so that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete