6.02.2009

For those who'd like some happy news

Well, it's not quite marriage equality, but it's a start.
The Nevada Assembly voted 28-14 to override Gov. Jim Gibbons' veto of a bill establishing a domestic partnership law in the state.

[snip]

Under the law, couples -- whether same sex or opposite sex -- can sign a registry at the secretary of state's office, then pay a fee for a domestic partnership contract that essentially gives them the same legal rights and responsibilities as married couples, the newspaper said.
Good for them! On a similar front, gay marriage got backing from a surprising source yesterday. Behold!!



Pardon me while I get the strength to choke this out. *wheeeeeeeeeeeew* OK. I can do this. I can do this.

Thankyoudickcheney.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it ironic that Mr. Cheney holds a more liberal position on SSM than the President of the United States?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, indeed, ironic. As I have said before, and will say again if it pleases you, I am not particularly impressed with Mr. Obama's commitment to his promises to the LGBT community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and I are in violent agreement on a lot of things, including President Obama's seeming inability to keep his promises.

    ReplyDelete