1.07.2011

"I do not think it means what you think it means"

Well, it's rare that I agree with Rep. Steve King (R - Mountains of Madness), but today I cannot help but concur. Via TPM:
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) literally accused the Republican leadership of the House of being a bunch of big old liars on the floor of the House last night. But that isn't exactly what he meant.

[snip]

"As I deliberate and I listen to the gentleman from Tennessee, I have to make the point that when you challenge the mendacity of the leader or another member, there is an opportunity to rise to a point of order, there is an opportunity to make a motion to take the gentleman's words down, however many of the members are off on other endeavors and I would make the point that the leader and the speaker have established their integrity and their mendacity for years in this Congress and I don't believe it can be effectively challenged and those who do so actually cast aspersions on themselves by making wild accusations." [emphasis giddily added]
No arguments here, Rep. King. The mendacity of the leader and the Speaker is impossible to effectively challenge.

2 comments: