1.17.2011

My one prediction for 2012

I have no idea who will be the winner of the GOP nomination.

I haven't a clue about the Patriots' chances for the Super Bowl.

I do not know if the world is suddenly going to end shortly before Christmas.

But you can take one thing to the bank -- they are not going to ask Rick Gervais to host the Golden Globes ever again. (So it looks like he reached his goal.)

Too mean, Ricky. Too mean.

On a tangent, every single time Tina Fey presents at an awards show (the Oscars with Steve Martin, last night with Steve Carell) she brings the best moments of genuine wit and good humor to the event. (Having those two along doesn't hurt.) I'm guessing she probably doesn't want to host a gig like those, because surely they're invited her, but whenever she leaves the stage I lament that she isn't the person we'll be watching for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. So we heard--but I thought most of the gowns were beautiful; I saw the beginning.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete