2.03.2009

Best mental image ever

From a run-down of this year's Superbowl ads in Slate:

An ad for the Toyota Tundra shows the pickup driving through a tunnel of flames and emerging unscathed. I very much hope, for the sake of Tundra drivers, that this functionality never comes into play. Separately: I am puzzled by the announcer's contention that "truckers know towing 10,000 pounds up a steep grade ain't good for your tranny." I'm picturing a post-op sex change patient standing in the pickup's bed, hands on hips, displeased with the truck's towing power. What's that you say? He means transmission? Oh. I suppose that would make more sense.
The fusion of faux masculinity inherent in a truck ad with an inadvertent reference to the transgender community fills my heart with unbridled glee. "Ain't good for your tranny," indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment