12.16.2010

Contingent recantation

I may not have to register as a Republican after all. From TPM:
Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME) pledged her support for the standalone bill to repeal the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy this afternoon. Cloture to pass a repeal as part of the defense authorization failed by a mere 3 votes last week.
I will smooth my ruffled feathers for the time being. Presuming that Harry Reid makes this enough of a priority to actually bring about a vote, if Snowe votes for repeal I won't switch my party affiliation just to vote against her in the primary out of spite.

I think we can all agree, by the way, that it was my threat to do so that brought about this promise from Sen. Snowe. Behold my power and tremble, readers.

1 comment:

  1. I told you there would be a standalone vote on this, and this really is a much better way to handle contentious issues. But good on ya for convincing Olympia to vote your way.

    ReplyDelete