12.03.2010

Editing for clarity

General James Amos of the Marine Corps doesn't support repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Nosiree.
General Amos added: “I cannot reconcile, nor turn my back, on the negative perceptions held by our Marines who are most engaged in the hard work of day-to-day operations in Afghanistan.” He concluded that although repeal could be implemented, and the Marine Corps would support it, “my recommendation is that we should not implement repeal at this time.”
Hmmmm. I'm not sure that's as clear as it could be. Let's see if we can make things a wee bit more transparent:
General Amos added: “I cannot reconcile, nor turn my back, on the negative perceptions bigotry held by our Marines who are most engaged in the hard work of day-to-day operations in Afghanistan.” He concluded that although repeal could be implemented, and the Marine Corps would support it, “my recommendation is that we should not implement repeal at this time.”
There we go. Much more to the point.

(Tangentially, a tip of the hat to Sen. Scott Brown. If this heralds possible votes for sanity from Snowe and Collins, then maybe there's a teensy bit of hope for the GOP yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment