3.27.2009

Dept. of Redundancy Department

I love the Huffington Post. It's like a deranged hybrid of People and The Nation, and offers everything from inane celebrity gossip to left-wing political ranting... to inane celebrity left-wing political ranting. Truly, a treasure for our times.

I came across this charming little tidbit this afternoon. Apparently, PETA has snagged Khloe Kardashian for its newest anti-fur ad. (For those of you blessedly ignorant of the Kardashians, they're a bevy of fame whores so blatant and talentless as to make Paris Hilton seem like a hard-working character actress who's really paid her dues.) I guess PETA is willing to promote its cause with everything they've got, even a third-string member of a no-talent family famous for grasping every shred of attention they get in a strangle-hold. I don't get it, but then, I'm not in PR.

However, I found this hilarious:
As we've noted, PETA has its own trademark ways of getting attention, and perhaps the most noticeable is their various semi-nude or nude protests.

One of their campaigns that gets the most attention is the "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign, because it enlists attractive celebrities to pose for billboard photos. When they're in your town, they're just about impossible to miss.

While this may technically true for Ms. K, I think it's not the whole truth. Substitute the word "clothes" for "fur," and you're there.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a study commissioned that figured out exactly how many people became vegetarians, or how many animals were saved, as a result of their stunts.

    ReplyDelete