3.03.2009

In which I clap my hands with glee

Well, that didn't take long. From Politico (via The Plank):
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.” “My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”
For those of you keeping score at home, I believe that it is now Limbaugh: 2, elected Republican leaders: 0. And, for the Democratic Party, a big, shiny present with a bow on top of it.

Update: Whoops. My scoring is off. Apparently it should be Limbaugh: 3, Republican leaders: 0. I regret the error.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about this, it is clear that the leader of the RNC doesn't need to be shooting his mouth off on targets handpicked by Rahm and crew. That's playing to the strength of the other side. It seems Mr. Steele may not be up to this leadership thing after all.

    Since the Obama WH is so dead set against Mr. Limbaugh, perhaps I need to start listening and see what the kerfuffle is about. I'm pretty sure he isn't the Michael Savage type -- I heard him a couple of times on my evening walks, and it sounded like the attendants were about to break into the studio with straightjacket and meds -- if only because Rahm and his MSM pals wouldn't make such an elementary mistake by going after a nutter. Ah, well, I hope the Rs learn their lesson and become and effective opposition. The Random Forces of Nature know we need effective opposition to the current administration.

    ReplyDelete