8.17.2009

Here's hoping God has a wry sense of humor

Friends, I would like to clue you in for what would surely be the greatest spectacle American politics has offered in... well, forever.

I refer, of course, to Bachmann 2012.

If you're not familiar with Michele Bachmann (R - Pluto), you don't know what you're missing. She's so around-the-bend crazy, she has her own Democratic Party-funded website. She's the one who described Obama's call for national service as a prelude to "re-education camps," though we'll see if her tune changes now that her son has decided to join up with said national service corps.

Anyhow, per TPM, I see that she has thought about what it would take to throw her tinfoil hat into the ring in 2012:
"If I felt that's what the Lord was calling me to do, I would do it," she answered. "When I have sensed that the Lord is calling me to do something, I've said yes to it. But I will not seek a higher office if God is not calling me to do it. That's really my standard.

"If I am called to serve in that realm I would serve," she concluded, "but if I am not called, I wouldn't do it."
To which I reply: please. Please, let God make that call. Not because I think God actually wants Michele Bachmann within a country mile of the Oval Office. (He did all that nice work creating the world and everything, I somehow doubt He wants to bring about its destruction in so ludicrous a fashion.) But because I think we all could use an excuse to pop popcorn, pull up a comfy chair, and watch the GOP debates in anticipation of the wonderful, amazing Grade A crazy that Bachmann would serve up, and I think God appreciates that.

1 comment:

  1. Bachmann-Palin gets my vote in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete