11.19.2009

Because it bears saying

Regular Bleakonomy readers (bless you) know that I have no love for Sarah Palin. None. Zero. Nada.

That being said, I think Andrew Sullivan has gone kind of off the deep end about her. I dig that she's a lying liar, and that it's a cause of constant amazement that her pants do not literally burst into flame at any given moment. I understand. But I think her chances of being taken seriously as a national politician are slim, and growing slimmer, and the amount of attention he is paying to her seems all out of proportion.

And maybe only a fellow gay man can say this, but I have a pretty strong suspicion that he would not be so very pro-Levi Johnston in his inane smack-down against quondam governor Palin were it not for the fact that Levi is a very attractive man. (And Andrew certainly isn't making any efforts to hide his attraction.) The whole thing is unseemly, and I'm not sure it's a great use of The Atlantic's bandwidth for so much notice to be given by its most prominent voice.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. The erstwhile governor has certainly gotten inside the OODA loops of many leftist pundits. What do they hope to accomplish by keeping her in the public spotlight? I mean, it is really, really difficult to buy this level of publicity, and she's getting it gratis.

    ReplyDelete